Happy Back to Hogwarts Day!
September 1st is always a happy day in the Wizarding World! The kids return to Hogwarts to begin a new year of studies. Harry Potter sees it as returning home, as it is the place he feels loved and accepted.
He definitely cannot wait to get away from the Dursley family and Back to Hogwarts!
So he packs up his bags and heads out to London. Do you have your Hogwarts Express Ticket?
Meanwhile, Ron and Hermione are also getting ready for their new school year. Each packs what’s really important to them.
For Hermione, that means books, books and more books. She dusted off a few of her mother’s old poetry books to keep herself busy on the train.
For Ron, it’s all about those treats!!! Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans and Chocolate Frogs. He’ll get more when the trolley comes calling.
Harry finally arrives at his destination: Platform 9 3/4 at King’s Cross Station.
When Ron and Hermione finally arrive, Mrs. Weasley must take the opportunity to snap some photos to commemorate the day.
Now that the pictures are all done, the gang has arrived, and are ready to board!
And they’re off!!!
Meanwhile, Hagrid was waiting for them at the train station, not-so-patiently, as he was ready to get the year started and see the kids again, especially Harry!
After a long journey, they’ve finally arrived at Hogsmeade Station!
Soon, Harry will be Back to Hogwarts where he belongs! Come along kids, time to get in the boats and return to school!
Wait … haven’t I already done this before? Good thing it’s just to help the first years know that there’s nothing to worry about. (But still, let’s hope the Sorting Hat doesn’t change its mind! …. please not Slytherin, please not Slytherin!)
And not to bring everyone down, but just to take a moment to remember the Hogwarts staff member who won’t be returning this year … RIP Alan Rickman!
Supplies and sources:
FunkoPops from Amazon
- Hedwig from Running Press at bookstores and Amazon
- Dursley photo and Hogwarts photo (with Harry in Sorting Hat) are in The Illustrated Harry Potter and the Sourcerers Stone
- Trunk, cauldron and tiny books from Hobby Lobby
- Platform 9 3/4 signage made at home
- Backdrop for Snape is a prop piece we borrowed from our local comic/game shop. If you know where I can find one, please let me know! I want to have one permanently.
- Bertie Botts Candy from UniversalStudios or Amazon. Check local, independent candy shops near you.